Let’s be real, eyebrows can make or break your look. Grooming or coloring men’s eyebrows does not mean that one has to achieve perfect or identical brows, but a little plucking, trimming or eyebrow color can make a big difference.
There are two easy rules to follow that will always guarantee the best eyebrows for men:
- Keep it looking natural (don’t overdo it)
- Make sure that whatever you, it complements the rest of your look
One of the easiest ways to get the best eyebrows is to make sure that they complement the rest of your look. So, if you just spent a good amount of time styling your hair, grooming your beard and trimming your nose hair and your eyebrows are left patchy, thin or sticking all over the place you may find people staring at your eyebrows more than anything else.
In this quick guide we will go over 3 steps of how to keep men brows looking clean and natural.
START WITH TWEEZERS
Do this once a month or as needed:
After getting out of a warm shower get your tweezers to pluck your eyebrows. The reason you want to do this after taking a shower is because your hair and follicles are clean and opened and, thus, it allows your hair to be pulled out much easier. The goal is not to do any actual shaping, so focus on tweezing hairs that are out of place or further away from your brow line.
TRIM YOUR BROWS
Do this every 2-3 weeks:
Use your favorite trimmer to trim the front part of your brows. While a tiny pair of scissors can do the job, you will achieve faster results using an electric trimmer. There are two ways of going about this:
- Trimmer + trimmer guards: One way is to use an electric trimmer with trimmer guards to dial in the desired length. In this case always start with the longer setting and switch to a shorter trim length as needed.
- Trimmer + small hair comb: If you are not afraid to take your eyebrow trimming to the next level which allows more customization follow this step: Use the lowest settings on your trimmer (no trimmer guards) and small hair comb to trim your eyebrow. Brush your eyebrows straight up and carefully trim the uneven or longer hairs sticking out of the hair comb. This requires some skills but it allows for length customization of your eyebrow hair. You can go shorter towards the end of your eyebrows and longer in the middle.
FILL IN THE SPACES OR GET RID OF THE GREY IN MEN’S EYEBROWS
Do this whenever desired:
Eyebrow color or eyebrow gel is an effective and fast way to elevate your look by filling in thin spots, evening out patchiness or covering grey hair on men’s eyebrows. You can use over the counter eyebrow color products designed for women such a Clinique or eyebrow color for men such as Volt Beard and Brow Color. Clinique eyebrow gel provides up to 16 hours of wear and fills-in even the sparsest brows. It comes with a mini brush applicator which is convenient when applying brow color on very short hair. The formula is oil based and thus it can take some time to dry completely. There are many other products out there designed for women so it’s important that you choose the right product or try a few different ones.
Volt is not a dye for mens’ eyebrows, yet, it is sweat and water resistant for up to 48 hours and the formula is designed specifically for men’s brow and beard hair which can be denser and harder. Volt is pigment based (there are no dyes, no staining, no harsh chemicals) and approved for use on hair and skin. Applying eyebrow color on the skin under thin eyebrows or hair is very beneficial as it creates the appearance of fuller and denser brows. Additionally, Volt comes with a thicker and longer brush that works great on any length of hair and thus it is broadly used on men’s eyebrows, mustache, sideburns, and beard.
Here is how to use eyebrow color or eyebrow dye for men:
- First, find a men’s eyebrow color that complements your brows and hair
- Brush in the color in light coats and in the direction of the hair using light strokes
- Start at the end closest to your nose and work your way out towards the outside ends
- Always pause and take a step back to watch the density of the color and your progress
- Remove excessive or unwanted color with color remover, rubbing alcohol or castor oil
No matter what you do try not to overdo it. Men are not expected to have the perfect eyebrow color or shape, so keep it natural and make sure it complements the rest of your style and look. To find your eyebrow and beard shade click here.
Get 15% off on your first order, grooming tips and new product announcements by Volt Lifeproof Grooming. CLICK HERE
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY
How To Make A Thin Or Patchy Beard Look Fuller
The Benefits of Natural Beard Dyes