If you’ve taken on the challenging (yet rewarding) task of growing a beard then chances are that you’ve heard of beard oil before. But, have you heard of beard oil’s not-so-distant relative, beard balm?
For many people, beard oil is the gateway product that introduces them to a litany of beard-grooming products, some of which include balms and waxes. And in this quick informative article, VOLT is proud to announce a brand new product to add to the marketplace, VOLT Beard Balm!
What is Beard Balm?
Beard balm is a men’s grooming product meant to moisturize, soften, and style your facial hair. Balm is also often called a “leave-in” conditioner because it lasts longer than typical beard oil does due to its thicker more robust composition of ingredients, which aren’t absorbed as quickly as standard beard oil is.
Beard balms can effectively be described as a thicker, longer-lasting beard oil. The thickness that comes along with balms helps extend its moisturizing effect while also providing a medium-heavy hold (depending on the amount you use) which allows you to style your beard exactly the way you want it!
What are Beard Balms Made Of?
The following ingredients specifically aid in thickening the balm and causing it to provide longer-lasting hydration and style to your beard!
- Shea Butter: Used as a thickener, moisturizer, and lotion in many cosmetics, shea butter is used to soothe and condition skin.
- Bees Wax: Known for sealing in moisture with antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antiviral properties.
- Mango Butter: Best known for its anti-aging properties that help smooth skin and unblock pores.
- Cocoa Butter: Improves skin elasticity and holds in moisture.
- Carnauba Wax: Used to thicken cosmetics and provide a smooth application with a glossy finish.
Why Use Beard Balm?
Volt Balm is an excellent product for people searching for the following qualities:
- All-Day Moisture: Because balm does not absorb as quickly as oil, you can apply it less frequently while still benefitting from its moisturizing and rejuvenating effects.
- Customizable Style: A thicker consistency makes balm infinitely better than beard oil when it comes to styling your beard. And, unlike beard/mustache wax, the amount of balm you use will provide different levels of hold!
- Reduce Itching/Irritation: Itchiness and irritation is a pretty common side effect of growing a beard, but not everybody is fond of using beard oil (even a high-quality oil like VOLT Lube) so, this is where balm comes in!
What’s the Best Beard Balm?
Now, we’d be lying if we said that all beard balms are fantastic. This is because we simply can’t speak for every balm on the market in terms of ingredients and quality. However, we can certainly guarantee that VOLT Balm is made with the most natural organic ingredients and is guaranteed to please you and your beard!
You see, most other balms use synthetic, harsh, and sticky ingredients that end up turning a once-magnificent beard into a pile of glue. Trust me, we’ve tried our fair share of beard balms, and we were often left unimpressed. So we took matters into our own hands to create a balm without these common issues!
Volt Balm is 100% natural and organic American handmade goodness formulated with ingredients supporting healthy beard and skin. Volt Beard Balm helps to control pesky hairs, soften up and style your beard, as well as hydrate your hair and skin.
Click HERE to grab some of your own!
How To Use Volt Balm
- Scrape out the desired amount of VOLT Balm with your finger
- Rub the product between your palms to dissolve it evenly.
- Massage the product into your beard with your hands.
- (Optional) Comb or brush until the desired style is achieved!
Similar products to balms would be categorized as beard oils, and beard/mustache wax.
You’re probably already familiar with beard oils, they are meant to hydrate, nourish, and condition your beard without providing too much of a hold or styling ability (balm is better for that). If beard oil is more your style, boy do we have you (and your beard) covered! Read more about VOLT Beard Oil here.
On the other hand, beard/mustache wax is not meant to hydrate or condition in the same way that balm and oil is. Wax is specifically meant to style and provide a strong hold to your facial hair.
Ultimately, Volt Balm really is the most diverse “do-it-all” product that belongs in every beards’ arsenal! Not only does it provide the same moisturizing and nourishing effects that beard oil provides, but it also provides the optional styling and molding effects of beard/mustache wax.
If you’ve never tried Volt Balm before, you’re in for a pleasant surprise. Click the button below to find the perfect Votl product for you!